Workforce Solutions is a not-for-profit corporation and one of 28 local workforce development boards in Texas. This Board serves Starr, Hidalgo and Willacy counties through a network of partners in the tri-county region. The primary goal of Workforce Solutions is to respond to the needs of employers, workers and job seekers, and provide helpful job facilitation resources. Budget and staff cutbacks require a redesigned website with the ability to conduct business transactions online instead of in Workforce offices. Additional website redesign project objectives include the following:
- Maintain existing logo and branding with the redesigned site,
- Engineer the new site using Responsive Web Design (RWD) for mobile devices,
- Support online event registrations, interactive learning tools, live chat, video display, virtual job fairs, social media, and interactive maps,
- Improve website navigation, usability, and overall aesthetic appeal.
Workforce Development releases a Request for Quote (RFQ) to solicit vendor quotes to redesign the website, upgrade from Joomla CMS 1.5 to version 2.5+, and provide a virtual job fair module to generate additional revenue and facilitate employer job posting solicitations and candidate resume submissions. Vitasys – ezSite Content Management Systems is chosen because of their expertise and experience with the Joomla open-source CMS platform and for overall financial value.
Workforce awards contract to ezSite to build the web-based CMS and provide training and support. ezSite designs and presents several new appealing website themes from which to choose. Web pages, layout, and site features are developed. Quality assurance testing is performed to verify responsive design for mobile users and site functionalities perform across major website browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Long-term benefits anticipated to Workforce Solutions include:
- Improved public perception, ease of use, and operational efficiencies.
- Online revenue generation through virtual job fair capabilities,
- Mobile device access to website users through tablet and Smartphone devices,
- Improved employer relations through digital recruitment tools and events